All images are protected by copyright. Please do not use them without permission. Design: susi-art; Susanna Redeker© 2010-2016

woensdag 4 mei 2011

Corner view "By the sea"

I use to live close by the sea, Schoorl, Bergen, Camperduin or ~as on the photo~ in Petten. All those towns are in Noord-Holland. It used to be a little crowded there, but those days it is really crowded!! I have grown up nearby the sea, and as a teenager I went a lot to the beach, or just cycling in the dunes.
At this moment there are many fires there, put on by people.....distryoing a great and beautiful nature....
http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2011/05/massive_dune_fire_under_contro_1.php
With the easterdays I went to my family, they all still leave around this area! We had a lot of fun and for me.....well once in a while it is nice to feel the sea water and the sand and we even saw a seal!!!
***
More CV By the sea at Fransesca
The theme next Wednesday is "motion", and comes from Cole.

10 opmerkingen:

  1. http://www.flickr.com/photos/florssalvatges/4735827419/sizes/l/in/faves-rosamarrero/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Looks like a beautiful day by the sea.
    Lucky you to see a seal!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I discover your blog and your illustrations! It's nice, funny and colorful. Thank you!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. wow what a chance to get to see a seal!
    have a great day and many more beautifull times by the sea

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. ja! al die 'pier'en toch! die van scheveningen ken ik enkel van op foto, ik wil 'em wel 's een keertje in 't echt aanschouwen, moet 'k 's doen, zeg!
    and a seal probably means GOOD LUCK!!!
    n♥

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. You saw a seal?!! Cool! I've seen a turtle, but we don't have seals where I'm from.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Our beaches get too crowded too, and we enjoy them the most in winter time, when there are no tourists broiling in the sun.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. yes, i saw a seal, but years ago the seal population was very low...but those days they are back!!! good!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Makes me think of my childhood growing up by the sea, and how when I return each summer to visit family, the ocean is definitely one of the relatives I most look forward to seeing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

thanks for passing by and leave me a note!

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment!

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment!