All images are protected by copyright. Please do not use them without permission. Design: susi-art; Susanna Redeker© 2010-2016

woensdag 3 juli 2013

Corner View `Home`


Mij home is in Zutphen:
Zutphen (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈzʏtfə(n)] is a city in the province of Gelderland in the Netherlands.

 It lies some 30 km north-east of Arnhem, on the Eastern bank of the river IJssel at the point where it is joined by the Berkel. The name Zutphen (first mentioned in the eleventh century) appears to mean 'zuid-veen', or in English, south-fen.



History:
About 300 AD a Germanic settlement was the first permanent town on a complex of low river dunes. Whereas many such settlements were abandoned in the early Middle Ages, Zutphen on its strategic confluence of IJssel and Berkel stayed. After the incorporation of the IJssel lands in Charlemagne's Francia, Zutphen became a local centre of governance under a count. The Normans raided and ravaged it in 882. Afterwards a circular fortress was build to protect the budding town against Viking attacks.
( From wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zutphen)


And the flag of Zutphen!


Sometimes I use Zutphen in my art work!


...still busy with this one at my home!....

For more ´home´ go to 
 Fransesca, she is hosting:
Corner View is a weekly appointment - each Wednesday - 
created by Jane, where bloggers from all corners 
of the world share their view on a pre-arranged theme.
Corner View will be on summer break for the rest of the month of July and August.
We'll meet all here again on
 September 3 with the theme "away".  

Have a fun sunny wonderful summer break!

11 opmerkingen:

  1. I am continually impressed by your drawn pictures, especially of those on whom so much is going on and to look for hours.

    Have a great summer time!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I'm with Kristin- lovely pictures you draw- so charming!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I love checking your blog each week. Your art is so gentle and I love it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Interesting and very nice illustrations for this theme.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I loved reading more about your Zutphen. This reminds me that I need to get out and take some pictures of my Zutphen so I can post them.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. wonderful! i love that you have incorporated your town into your art work!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. After reading this post, I added Zutphen to my list of places to see! As always, I am stunned by your gorgeous drawings! Happy Summer!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. I never heard of this place before corner view, but it sounds fascinating. I love your drawings as always---the fine detail is incredible! I still have some of the postcards I won from you two years ago. I save them for very special people and moments! (I did have to look up the words on some of them although the illustrations gave me a hint of the occasion.) I love just looking at them. :>)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. great story and wonderful drawings, as usual! Have a wonderful summer....

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. hey susanna, i missed this entry on home!
    hi! hoe gaat het?
    je bent busy met tekenen, als steeds, merk ik. wat goed.
    liefs uit belgië,
    n♥

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

thanks for passing by and leave me a note!

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment!

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment!