What to do in my country.....
You can go to the "kinderdijkje"
Kinderdijk is a village in the Netherlands, belonging to the municipality of Molenwaard, in the province South Holland, about 15 km east of Rotterdam. Kinderdijk is situated in a polder in the Alblasserwaard at the confluence of the Lek and Noord rivers. To drain the polder, a system of 19 windmills was built around 1740. This group of mills is the largest concentration of old windmills in the Netherlands. The windmills of Kinderdijk are one of the best-known Dutch tourist sites.
"Mudflat hiking" at the "waddeneilanden"
Mudflat hiking is a recreation enjoyed by Dutch, Germans, Danes, and others in the Netherlands, northwest Germany and in Denmark. Mudflat hikers are people who, with the aid of a tide table, use a period of low water to walk and wade on the watershed of the mudflats, especially from the Frisian mainland coast to the Frisian islands. In the Netherlands, mudflat hikers can walk from the mainland to Terschelling, Ameland, Engelsmanplaat, Schiermonnikoog, Simonszand and Rottumeroog.
Ofcourse you can cycle all over in the Netherlands!!
The history of the Dutch bicycle industry from 1869 to today is as volatile as that of the last 130 years in general. Two pioneers were J. T. Scholte, who was one of the first or perhaps the first in Amsterdam trading cycle began, and HH Timmer, a reseller for Scholte who in 1869 sold and rented bikes and also the first driving school for velocipèdisten founded in the Netherlands.
Cows cows cows....yes we have cows to see here and different kinds!
In the form of a description in the Netherlands, in the 12th century the Lakenvelders have been mention. The earliest known image of a Lakenvelder is a painting from about 1450. In the 17th and 18th they were mostly as century park herds. At some point they even became rare!!! So to see one those days it is because they kept hold on this kind of breed of the Lakenvelder.
The Netherlands is famous of the cheese, in Alkmaar there is still a "real" cheesemarket!!
Alkmaar's cheese market is at the Waagplein, one of the country's most popular tourist attractions. The cheese market traditionally takes place on the first Friday in April and the last market of the season is the first Friday in September. Every Friday morning (10.00–12.30 a.m.) the Waagplein is the backdrop for this traditional cheesemarket. After the old-fashioned way of the hand clap, traders and carriers will weigh the cheeses. It is one of only four traditional Dutch cheese markets still in existence.
In Pieterburen you can see seals....
The small village of Pieterburen is situated in the northern part of the province of Groningen in the Netherlands. Pieterburen is part of the municipality of De Marne. Pieterburen is situated on the ‘Hogeland’ (high land) of Groningen. It is an area with brick Gothic churches, stately farms, and endless views over the land, all the way to the Wadden Sea. Pieterburen is known for its seal rehabilitation centre, the vicarage garden Domiestoen, the old mill De Vier Winden (Literally translated: The Four Winds), and for mudflat hiking in the Wadden Sea. Regrettably, the medieval castle Huis ten Dyke was torn down a century ago.
Are Tulips original from the Netherlands?
Our famous bulb is the tulip. Tulip comes from the word Tulipa. That is Latin and means: the flower resembling a turban. A strange name? Not if you know that tulips were already in the Middle Ages grown and marketed in Turkey. And in those days men wore a turban. Hence! What is nice as well: our tulips are descended from those from Turkey. Carolus Clusius planted tulips at the Imperial Botanical Gardens of Vienna in 1573 and later at the Leiden University's newly established Hortus Botanicus, where he was appointed director. There he planted some of his tulip bulbs in late 1593. As a result, 1594 is considered the official date of the tulip's first flowering in the Netherlands.
Amsterdam, the capital of the Netherlands!!
The earliest recorded use of the name "Amsterdam" is from a certificate dated 27 October 1275, when the inhabitants, who had built a bridge with a dam across the Amstel, were exempted from paying a bridge toll by Count Floris V. The certificate describes the inhabitants as homines manentes apud Amestelledamme (people living near Amestelledamme). By 1327, the name had developed into Aemsterdam. You need a long time there to explore this town, so much to see!
If you come in the wintertime and there is ice on the waters....go and do the "Elfstedentocht"!
There has been mention of skaters visiting all eleven cities of Friesland on one day since 1760. The Elfstedentocht was already part of Frisian tradition when, in 1890, Pim Mulier conceived the idea of an organised tour, which was first held in 1909. After this race, the Vereniging De Friesche Elf Steden(Association of the Eleven Frisian Cities) was established to organise the tours.
Well, after going around in my country so much, than it is time for a break....!
Giovanni and his wife Elia Talamini, who settled in 1928 in Zutphen. On the Lord Lane they made their preparation and place with bicycle carts they brought their ice cream to the man. The delicious ice Talamini was much appreciated, and in 1938 they bought their first house and from there to sell ice cream. It went quickly, because in 1940 they bought a house on the Houtmarkt 50.
In 1993, Tito died. His sister and wife put together the company forward, to sell it to Bas Vegelin in 1999. In this Dutch they found the soul, the passion for ice making and love for Italy. To him they dared to pass, and then return to their beloved Italian mountain village. Itself back their precious family tradition In this sleepy mountain village Vodo di Cadore, where it once all began ...
And ofcourse this world is filled with evenings!
Check it out at: Fransesca, she is hosting:
Corner View is a weekly appointment - each Wednesday -
created by Jane, where bloggers from all corners
of the world share their view on a pre-arranged theme.
The theme next week is "roadside".
The theme next week is "roadside".
Happy corner viewing!
All artwork: Susanna Redeker