All images are protected by copyright. Please do not use them without permission. Design: susi-art; Susanna Redeker© 2010-2016

woensdag 2 oktober 2013

Illustration Friday "Onomatopoeia"

The dog barks and not everybody understands dog language,
so I did some translation with the drawing. The next time your dog barks,
he might just want the ball! I guess throwing the ball will be even better!

I had to look the word up.
This is what I found:
An onomatopoeia (sometimes written as onomatopœia) (About this sound pronunciation (US) (help·info), from the Greek ὀνοματοποιία; ὄνομα for "name" and ποιέω for "I make", adjectival form: "onomatopoeic" or "onomatopoetic") is a word that phonetically imitates or suggests the source of the sound that it describes. Onomatopoeia (as an uncountable noun) refers to the property of such words. 
Common occurrences of onomatopoeias include
 animal noises such as "oink", "meow", "roar" or "chirp".


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen

thanks for passing by and leave me a note!

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment!

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment!