All images are protected by copyright. Please do not use them without permission. Design: susi-art; Susanna Redeker© 2010-2016

dinsdag 18 februari 2014

Corner View "Bygones"

1897 "Let Bygones be Bygones", lyric by Charles Shackford.
Looking up for the word Bygones I noticed this poster for
some music, i did try to find the lyrics for this 'beautiful' song,
but I could not find it! But I did found a song from Nat King Cole!
I do like the poster, with the reddish and greenish!


Nathaniel Adams Coles (March 17, 1919 – February 15, 1965), known professionally as Nat King Cole, was a musician who first came to prominence as a leading jazz pianist. He owes most of his popular musical fame to his soft baritone voice, which he used to perform in big band and jazz genres. He was one of the first black Americans to host a television variety show, and has maintained worldwide popularity since his death.
Knock me a kiss, you'll never miss
When I'm ready to go.
But if you can't smile and say yes,
Please don't cry and say no!
Squeeze me a squoze in these fine clothes,
Mmmm...I love you so.
But if you can't smile and say yes,
Please don't cry and say no!
When I ask for a date, the answer is no.
You don't know what you're saying.
Don't you know the war's on,

Everything is rationed,
How 'bout that jive, keep me alive?
Baby, let bygones be bygones,
'Cause men are scarce as nylons.
And if you can't smile and say yes,
Please don't cry and say no!
Baby, let bygones be bygones,
'Cause men are scarce as nylons.
And if you can't smile and say yes,
Please don't cry and say no, no, no, baby
Please don't cry and say no
Written by: JORDAN, LOUIS / ROGERS, TIMMIE

For more Bygones, please go to:
 Fransesca, she is hosting:
Corner View is a weekly appointment - each Wednesday - 
created by Jane, where bloggers from all corners.


15 opmerkingen:

  1. Beautiful poster:) Love Nat King Cole music:)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. great poster and wonderful what you found and shared on the song!
    a great anchor to the topic this week to have a theme song:))

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. ".... men are scarce as nylons"....
    tee hee...
    i love nat king cole. remember that tribute by many artists from the nineties, was it? love that too. n♥

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. A perfect way to recognize the theme bygones. Have a great week!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Pretty.. Would make nice Christmas decoration:)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Great finds! A little Nat King Cole certainly brightened up my afternoon.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. bygones was totally a new word to me - though it means old :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. It was new to me too....but interesting one..love that kind of music

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. It was new to me too....but interesting one..love that kind of music

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. I love Nat King Cole - what a lovely take on the theme of Bygones :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. wonderful post. i wonder if i have heard this song before? it doesn't seem familiar by the lyrics ...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Ah... I love that poster and the type of imagery used on it (and Nate of course, I listen to his songs regularly).

    Great take on the theme!

    Nicki

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

thanks for passing by and leave me a note!

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment!

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment!