All images are protected by copyright. Please do not use them without permission. Design: susi-art; Susanna Redeker© 2010-2016

dinsdag 11 februari 2014

Corner View "Slow"

“It doesn’t matter how slowly you go-
so long as you do not stop.”-Confucius

Drawing and painting is as meditation for me.
Slowly the illustration comes alive. Do I know
when I start what the end will be? No....I just start
and slow, little by little a turtle will come and than
suddenly the dog is there in a boulder car.
The bookstore comes slowly alive with a turtle theme.
The girl is showing her turtle the stuffed animal turtle
and all the turtle books and a painting....
The bookstore is "de Boekerij", kind of alternative
very smart looking bookstore here in Zutphen!

Remember last weeks CV? -klik-
I was busy and did a quick sketch.
Last week I have worked it out!

For more slow, please go to:
 Fransesca, she is hosting:
Corner View is a weekly appointment - each Wednesday - 
created by Jane, where bloggers from all corners.

The theme next week is "bygones", and comes from Nicki.

12 opmerkingen:

  1. I agree with Confucius:) yur illustrations are fantastic:)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. From a turtle is a dog. This is a great transformation. I like both animals very much.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Your illustrations are just absolutely beautiful - and I love that quote from Confucius! Would you mind if I share your little pencil drawing and the quote on my Facebook page for Eliza's Dream? I will obviously credit you with the image and put up a link to your blog page so people can visit. If you would rather I didn't share the image then just let me know via these comments or email me.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Heerlijk he? Mooi geworden deze tekening!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I love when the drawing is a sketch then becomes a finished illustration.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I love the way you describe the process - very poetic!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Beautiful to see your process, and I love the girl looking up at the moon!
    and speaking of turtles, I think you will enjoy Bevs CV this week!! ♡

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. your drawings talk, they do, susanna.
    could you possibly send me your slow mail adress (in a separate email)?
    i'm updating my adresses booklet...
    n♥

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. i'm kind of like that when I write a blog post: words usually come together in an unplanned and often surprising way!
    PS bygones (sorry i'm "slow" replying): "belonging to an earlier time". (Nicki also left a description of the meaning for you.)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

thanks for passing by and leave me a note!

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment!

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment!