All images are protected by copyright. Please do not use them without permission. Design: susi-art; Susanna Redeker© 2010-2016

woensdag 4 februari 2015

Corner View "poem"

If I had a star for every time you made me smile...
I would be holding the night sky in my hand.

This time it's a corner view about poem, i use to write some of it, but in Dutch.
So I have used a poem from an unknown person, but I like the words!
The oldest surviving speculative fiction poem is the Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor, written in Hieratic and ascribed a date around 2500 B.C.E. 
"The wise servant said, "Let thy heart be satisfied, O my lord, for that we have come back to the country; after we have been long on board, and rowed much, the prow has at last touched land. All the people rejoice and embrace us one after another. Moreover, we have come back in good health, and not a man is lacking; although we have been to the ends of Wawat [Nubia], and gone through the land of Senmut [Kush], we have returned in peace, and our land---behold, we have come back to it."

Many thanks to Joanne and Ibabe for the theme today!
More POEMS in the world;
 Fransesca, she is hosting:
Corner View is a weekly appointment - each Wednesday - 
created by Jane, where bloggers from all corners.
The theme next week is "love in my corner", and comes from Kari





10 opmerkingen:

  1. is that your illustration, susanna? i really like it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I love the illustration and sentiment at the top of your post. Nice!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. These are really beautiful words. I love the illustration too!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. "If I had a star for every time you made me smile... I would be holding the night sky in my hand." Love, love, love this.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I got a star when I read your post ;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I LOVE the illustration and the quote at the top - and wow - that's amazing that you found the oldest fiction poem in the world - 2500 BC!! "We have returned in peace to our land - behold, we have come back to it" Karyn - Eliza's Dream

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

thanks for passing by and leave me a note!

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment!

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment!