All images are protected by copyright. Please do not use them without permission. Design: susi-art; Susanna Redeker© 2010-2016

woensdag 8 april 2015

Corner View "hunger"

"A Hunger Artist" ("Ein Hungerkünstler") is a short story by Franz Kafka first published in Die neue Rundschau in 1922. The story was also included in the collection A Hunger Artist (Ein Hungerkünstler), the last book Kafka prepared for publication, printed by Verlag Die Schmiede after Kafka's death. "A Hunger Artist" explores the familiar Kafka themes of death, art, isolation, asceticism, spiritual poverty, futility, personal failure and the corruption of human relationships.

To be honest, I have never red Franz Kafka, but being an artist and love to read and the hunger theme....I decided to choise this illustration from artist
Jürgen Schlotter < website>

Getting hungry now?
please go to  Fransesca, she is hosting:
Corner View is a weekly appointment - each Wednesday - 
created by Jane, where bloggers from all corners.

Our theme next week is "once upon a time". 

10 opmerkingen:

  1. I've never read Kafka either, but that illustration makes me curious!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I've never read Kafka too. It is too hard for me. But I like the illustration too.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. very clever (in a disquieting sort of way) illustration!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Must check this out even further now. Made me hunger for more art and knowledge.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I like the way the text is part of the illustration - very striking

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. loving your contribution, and introducing me to art unknown. hunger also reminded me of the eighties movie THE HUNGER with catherine deneuve and david bowie (of all people, and if i remember correctly). it was a weird movie! n♥

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

thanks for passing by and leave me a note!

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment!

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment!